Admission to the Shen Lab is rolling-based. We are always looking for motivated students.
We are looking for motivated Ph.D. students to join our group. The Shen Laboratory welcomes students with all backgrounds, race/ethnicity, and gender who are interested in environmental health. The successful candidates will work on exciting projects related to Environmental Health Data Science, integrating high-dimensional environmental exposures, multi-omics, and health outcomes through advanced machine learning and statistical methods. Applications are reviewed as soon as they are received.
Please refer to relevant research here
Direction 1: Environmental exposures and microbiome
Direction 2: Precision computational environmental health
- BS in Science or Engineering
- Undergraduate GPA>3.3
- International students please include TOEFL or IELTS scores in your CV
- GRE is currently not required
- Programming experience is preferred, not required
We would offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Fully covered tuition
- Rigorous scientific training in environmental health and data science
- Promising job market after graduation
- UTA is conveniently located in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, 4th largest metroplex in the United States
Candidates who are interested in Ph.D. positions are encouraged to contact Dr. Yike Shen via email email@example.com with subject line as “Ph.D. Application_Your Name”. Successful candidates will need to submit formal application materials to UTA online application system. Please include the following documents in your email inquiry.
- Cover letter that highlights your educational background, research experience and interests, and career goals (1-2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae
- Contact information for 2 references (including names, affiliations, and emails)
- Unofficial transcripts (International students please translate your transcripts into English, except for applicants from China)